Love is an emotion all of us have experienced at some time or the other. Countless songs, movies, poetry and art are dedicated to this powerful emotion. Many heroes and kingdoms rose and fell in the name of love.
The best way to add Feng Shui into your life is one element at a time. While there are many aspects to consider when combining Feng Shui and love, here are a few ideas to get the ball rolling towards your new love filled life.
In Feng Shui and love, the focus is on the love center of the home, which is in the far right corner of the home as you enter or in the far right corner of each room as you enter. It is vitally important to energize this area with all of the positive chi possible. The element associated with love is earth. Feng Shui practice suggests placing some type of earth item in this location. You can place a rock or crystal, rose quartz is an excellent example, to satisfy this suggestion. By enhancing the use of earth in this area of the home, the ability of good chi to positively influence your marriage and other love relationships is greater. It is also beneficial to include decorative pots and real or silk flowers in the love section of your house. Other useful objects are pairs of birds, never use single of anything in this area, red candles, and a symbol of the sun.
When decorating your love area with Feng Shui and love in mind, there is one element that should be avoided, wood. Wood is believed to be a harmful element to earth and as such should not be placed in the love area. While real or silk are beneficial, dried flowers or plants are not. They could easily symbolize the death of your relationship. Stick with live plants in this area to attract good chi and bring happiness and stability to your love relationships.
There are certain areas of the home that need to be carefully planned to eliminate the effects of negative chi on your attempt to increase love in your life. In these cases Feng Shui and love need a little more help. If the room is the bathroom, use live plants to counteract the negative chi. You could also hang chimes above the toilet to further reduce the unwanted effects of the bathroom space. The kitchen is probably the most problematic room for love. In Feng Shui, when the kitchen is the love focus of the home, it symbolizes the possibility for infidelity on either side of the relationship.
Here are some Feng Shui guidelines to activate your love and romance luck and to enhance your relationships.....
- If you are single or looking to improve your relationship, sleep with your head pointed in your Nien-Yen (Relationships) direction according to your Gua number. To find your Gua number, use the formula below.
The love zones of your home are located in your bedroom and the back right-hand of your flat or house. To get the best results, concentrate on these areas when working through these ideas.
THINGS TO REMOVE
- Anything from old relationships: You've got to cut the ties to the past. Lose the old love letters, furniture, trinkets, gifts and dried flowers from a previous relationship. It's time to move on.
- Overtly single stuff: If you are single and looking, you can get results by just removing the art in the home that depicts a single woman within the frame. If you have a portrait of yourself, give it to a friend or relative to hold for you for a while. Single ladies hanging around the house attract single attitudes and energies.
- Too much feminine chi: If your home or room is so covered in lace and perfume bottles that a bloke can't even come in and sit down without shivering, then ditch some of the girly stuff.
- Juvenile chi: Stuffed animals, games and dolls don't attract mature relationships - if that is what you are looking for.
- Distractions: Remove items that make you stray from your relationship goals, such as exercise equipment, work-related items, laundry and television. You can still keep these items, but keep them out of the love area.
- Pointy and pokey things: Sharp angles and corners poking into this area of the home only keeps the people you attract at bay. Lose the cactus.
THINGS TO ADD
- Space: Make room for the energy of love by creating space. Clean out half the medicine cabinet, half a drawer, some of the wardrobe. Allow the nightstand on the other side of the bed to remain empty, or you could add a little something there that you think your lover would be attracted to.
- Matching pairs: Replace the single stuff with matching pairs of things: a set of lovebirds, a couple of candlesticks, complimentary pictures on the wall, etc.
- Sensual items: If the possibility presents itself, are you prepared? Chocolate, candles, massage oils, champagne, nice sheets, a clean bathtub or a sexy dressing gown can help you handle the energy when it arrives. Think of the five senses and make sure you have catered to each.
- Pink stuff: In Feng Shui, pink is the color of love. Pink stuff can actually help hold love energy for you. Drape a pink throw over your bed or chair - almost anything of this color can help your relationship prospects.
- Round or rounded items: Curvy items mimic body form - nice to have around in the relationship area.